[openstack-dev] All patches failing CI for validations stable/ocata branch - help needed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 29 21:46:31 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-29 18:32:09 +0200 (+0200), Florian Fuchs wrote:
[...]
> The error in the logs however is always the same [2] and appears
> to be related to an issue with setuptools 34[3], which apparently
> hit other openstack projects as well. I tried to create a patch
> with a fix (excluding setuptools 34),

The way we "fixed" this for other projects was to update
requirements caps and/or constraints entries for all of setuptools'
direct and transitive install_requires (there are only three, if
memory serves) on stable branches. This is usually not the sort of
thing we'd want to have happening in stable branches, but keeping
them installable with latest setuptools releases is important. Also
pinning setuptools can be hard depending on the situation, since
you're often using setuptools in the process of trying to control
your version of setuptools... bit of a catch-22.

> but couldn't test it because gerrit set the target patch to master
> instead of stable/ocata (I guess it only allows me to propose
> backport patches to stable branches, not creating a patch for a
> stable branch only).
[...]

If the .gitreview file in your stable/ocata branch doesn't have
defaultbranch=stable/ocata, then you have to pass the branch name as
a parameter when invoking git review, i.e. `git review stable/ocata`
(or just fix the .gitreview file so you don't have to think about
it). See https://docs.openstack.org/infra/git-review/usage.html for
details.
--
Jeremy Stanley