[openstack-dev] Project Navigator Updates - Feedback Request

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 03:25:07 UTC 2017

On 3/27/17 5:01 PM, Lauren Sell wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
>> On Mar 24, 2017, at 3:50 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> 2. The "API Version History" section in the bottom right says:
>>
>> "Version v2.1 (Ocata) - LATEST RELEASE"
>>
>> And links to https://releases.openstack.org/ <https://releases.openstack.org/>. The latest compute microversion in Ocata was actually 2.42:
>>
>> https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_microversion_history.html <https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_microversion_history.html>
>>
>> I'm wondering how we can better sort that out. I guess "API Version History" in the navigator is meant more for major versions and wasn't intended to handle microversions? That seems like something that should be dealt with at some point as more and more projects are moving to using micro versions.
>
> Agreed, we could use some guidance here. From what we can tell, each team logs these a little bit differently, so there’s no easy way for us to pull them. Could we output the correct link as a tag for each project, or does anyone have a recommendation?

I don't have a helpful recommendation here, but the version history for
Glance is incorrect as well.  We maintain a version history in the
glance api-ref [0], but that's probably not much help (and, as you point
out, is idiosyncratic to Glance anyway).  At this point, though, my
primary concern is that it's showing a deprecated API version as the
latest release.  What format would it be useful for you to get this data in?

thanks,
brian

[0]
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/image/versions/index.html#version-history