[openstack-dev] [nova] [neutron] What the behavior of AddFixedIp API should be?

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 06:42:31 UTC 2017

Thank you Matt, the background information is important. Seems all the
peoples don't know how the add-fixed-ip API works,
and there is no exact use case about it. Now neutron port-update API also
support to set multiple fixed ip for a port, and
the fixed-ip updating will sync to nova side automatically (I had verified
it in my latest devstack). Updating fixed-ip for
specified port is easier to understand for me in multiple nics case than
nova add-fixed-ip API.

So if others known the orignal API design or had used nova add/remove
fixed-ip API and would like to show your use cases,
it's nice for us to understand how the API works and when we should use it,
we can update the api-ref and add exact usage,
avoid users' confusion about it. Feel free to reply something, thank you.