[openstack-dev] [monasca] Grafana "app" for Monasca

Steve Simpson steve at stackhpc.com
Mon Mar 27 16:01:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have been working on prototyping an "app" for Grafana which can be
used to view/configure alarm definitions, notifications and alarms.
This is still work-in-progress (insert normal disclaimer here), but is
usable enough to get a feel for what we would like to achieve. We
would like some feedback on whether this is something Monasca would be
interested in collaborating on or adopting upstream. If so, we may be
able to commit more development resource to get it polished.

https://github.com/stackhpc/monasca-grafana-app

In particular what spurred this was a discussion at the mid-cycle
around using Monasca outside an OpenStack environment or for
monitoring bare-metal. As it happens this aligns with our
requirements; in the environment we will be deploying in, we will
likely not be able to deploy the Horizon UI component.

Cheers,
Steve