[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 12)

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 15:15:43 UTC 2017

If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

== Gating & CDN issues ==

Last week was a rough one for the TripleO gate jobs. We fixed a couple
of issues on the oooq gates handling the stable branches. This was
mainly a workaround[1] from tripleo-ci missing from quickstart for
building the gated packages.

We also had quite a lot of issues with gate jobs not being able to
download packages[2]. Figuring out how to deal with that issue is still
under way. There were quite a lot more small fixes to help fix the gate
instability[3].

== Timestamps ==

We also added timestamps to all the quickstart deployment logs, so now
it will be easy to link directly to a timestamp in any of the logs.
Example[4]. It has a per-second resolution, but it only depends on awk
being present on the systems running the commands.

== Logs, postci.txt ==

Until now the postci.txt file was a bit hidden, we now copy it out under
logs/postci.txt.gz in every oooq gate job. We're also working on making
a README style page for the logs that could help guide newcomers
debugging common errors and finding the relevant logs files.

Let us know if you have further suggestions for improving the log
browsing, or if you're missing some vital logs.

Some smaller discussion items:

* due to the critical patch for OVB[5] not merging last week, we're
going to push out the transition of the next batch of jobs to at least
next Monday (3rd of April).

* the periodic pipeline is still not running often enough. We will
probably move 3 OVB jobs to run every 8 hours as a start to increase the
cadence

* We're probably going to move to the "CI Squad" Trello board[6] from
the current RDO board that we're sharing with other team(s).

Best regards,
Attila

[1] https://review.openstack.org/447530
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1674681