[openstack-dev] [kubernetes][go] External OpenStack Cloud Provider for Kubernetes

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Mar 24 16:56:15 UTC 2017

On 03/24/2017 11:22 AM, Graham Hayes wrote:
> On 24/03/17 08:46 -0700, Antoni Segura Puimedon wrote:
>>

>> On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 3:59:18 PM UTC+1, Graham Hayes wrote:
>>
>>    On 24/03/17 10:27 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>    >Folks,
>>    >
>>    >As discussed in the etherpad:
>>    >https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/go-and-containers
>>    >
>>    >Here's a request for a repo in OpenStack:
>>    >https://review.openstack.org/#/c/449641/
>>    >
>>    >This request pulls in the existing code from kubernetes/kubernetes
>>    >repo and preserves the git history too
>>    >https://github.com/dims/k8s-cloud-provider
>>    >
>>    >Anyone interested? please ping me on Slack or IRC and we can
>> continue this
>>    work.
>>
>>    Yeah - I would love to continue the provider work on gerrit :)
>>
>>    Is there a way for us to make sure changes in the k8 master don't
>>    break our plugin? Or do we need to periodic jobs on the provider repo
>>    to catch breakages in the plugin interface?
>>

>> I suppose the options are either:
>>
>> ask k8s to add select external cloud providers in the CI
>> Have a webhook in the k8s repo that triggered CI on the OSt infra
>>

> Yup - I just want to have us get our ducks in a row before we make a
> move.
>
> From our side, we should look at the support matrix of what OpenStack
> versions we support, and how we plan on testing them in -infra.

We will have better first-class support for this in a few months as part
of rolling out zuul v3. Once the github branch lands and we get v3
rolled out for non-infra projects, we'll be able to cross-test things in
gerrit with things not in gerrit (we have a similar need to be able to
test that ansible PRs don't break zuul)

For now, if you can make sure that you have a test that can install the
k8s repo from source, and also that is structured such that if it
discovers that the k8s repo is there that it will not re-clone, we
should be able to upgrade that in the future to having zuul manage the
triggering and cloning.