[openstack-dev] [nova] Why doesn't the libvirt scality volume driver implement disconnect_volume?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:13:36 UTC 2017

I'm going to make the connect_volume and disconnect_volume methods for
the libvirt volume drivers abstract methods because of a recent
regression [1] but when I'm looking at the Scality volume driver it
doesn't implement the disconnect_volume method. Does it just never
detach volumes or....?

Looks like it was added 4 years ago [2] and I don't see any mention of
the lack of disconnect in there.

Does this thing even work? It was added before we ever actually cared
about testing vendor drivers. Can someone from Scality clarify please?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1675584
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/19676/

Matt