[openstack-dev] [networking-sfc]PPG reuse restriction

Vikash Kumar vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com
Thu Mar 23 11:00:00 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

  I inserted a single arm SF. Created a port-pair with ingress-port and
egress-port as same. Created rest of the resource and it traffic was as
expected through SF in one direction. After, that I tried to create reverse
flow and it failed due to:

   a. reverse port-chain create failed as ppg in use.
   b. port-pair-create failed as same 'ingress' and 'egress' port is in
use. Thus ppg also can't be created.

    So, we can't create a new ppg (with same details) neither can we reuse,
which restrict the reverse path creation by user.

    What is the correct solution to achieve same ? What is the implication
if we let the ppg reuse ??

--
Regards,
Vikash