[openstack-dev] [oslo][kolla][openstack-helm][tripleo][all] Storing configuration options in etcd(?)

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Wed Mar 22 09:35:47 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:26 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jay,
>
> the /v3alpha HTTP API  (grpc-gateway) supports watch
> https://coreos.com/etcd/docs/latest/dev-guide/apispec/swagger/rpc.swagger.json

Ah, that's a great find, thanks. That means that we don't have to use
grpc, and can still talk to an HTTP endpoint that would integrate
better with our tools. I tested the API, and it works fine.

Regarding reloading, I don't think watch is mandatory for now. As a
first step, I would fetch the keys again upload reload, like we do for
files.

--
Thomas