[openstack-dev] questions about Openstack Ocata replacement API

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 02:05:12 UTC 2017

On 3/19/2017 6:03 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Mar 2017, zhihao wang wrote:
>
>> I am trying the new version openstack ocata in Ubuntu 1604
>>
>> But I got some problem with nova placement API, there is nothing on
>> the Openstack Ubuntu Installation Doc
>
> The docs for that are being updated to include the necessary
> information. If you at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/438328/
> you'll see the new information there. A rendered version will be at
> http://docs-draft.openstack.org/28/438328/12/check/gate-openstack-manuals-tox-doc-publish-checkbuild/846ac33//publish-docs/draft/install-guide-ubuntu/nova.html
>

>> I already have the endpoint, but it always said there is no placement
>> API endpoint  , please see below
>
> As one of the responses on ask.openstack says, depending on which
> version of the packages you have you may need to add to your apache2
> config something like:
>
>     <Directory /usr/local/bin>
>      Require all granted
>     </Directory>
>
> I believe this has been resolved in newer versions of the packaging.

Wally,

I believe we got you sorted out in the nova IRC channel today, correct?
If so, can you please highlight here the major issues with the
deployment and what you needed to change to get things working? I know
the keystone_authtoken config in nova.conf was causing some issues with
getting the placement service user to get a token from the nova services.

And you updated your httpd placement config based on the latest from the
ubuntu packages.

You did some debugging with curl too.

Matt