[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaasv2] Migrate LBaaS instance

German Eichberger German.Eichberger at rackspace.com
Tue Mar 21 00:15:13 UTC 2017

Hi Saverio,

We completely understand that operators are still on older versions of OpenStack and we are executing against the  OpenStack release series
[1] and we adhere to the support phases as outlined in [2]. So any new features will only be added to Pike whereas bug fixes will be carried back right now Ocata and Newton will only see Security Patches. If this doesn’t meet your needs I would encourage you to get those guidelines changed. We also frequently seek input from operators on new features and/or pain points. I am curious what the use case is for a non-scalable/non-HA load balancer like the namespace/haproxy driver in production.

Us deprecating LBaaS V2 won’t relieve us from our obligation to provide bug fixes and security fixes to the previous versions - furthermore we learned from the LBaaS V1 migration and we are committed to providing migration scripts for Octavia and potentially the namespace driver. We might need to do a better job articulating our migration strategy.

Thanks,
German

[1] https://releases.openstack.org
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html