[openstack-dev] [dib] diskimage-builder v2 RC1 release; request for test

Andre Florath andre at florath.net
Fri Mar 17 20:23:16 UTC 2017

Hello!

Thanks for the bug report. Can you please file this as a bug?

There is a very high probability that I introduced a change that
leads to the failure [1] - even if this is fixed now there is a
high probability that it will fail again when [2] is merged.

The reason is, that there are no test cases because there is no
nodepool CI job running on PPC. (Or do I miss something here?)

We are only a very few people at diskimage-builder with limited
resources and had to concentrate on the 'main-line' (i.e.: that
what can be tested by us). A discussion about what to support
or test was already started some time ago [3].

Looks that you are from IBM: would it be possible to provide
PPC hardware for testing and the man-power to integrate
this into the CI?
This would really help finding such problems during development
phase and would put me into the situation to be able to fix your
problem.

Kind regards

Andre

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/375261/