[openstack-dev] [all][deployment] Deployment Working Group (DWG)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 13:18:30 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2017-03-16 11:42:25 -0500 (-0500), Devdatta Kulkarni wrote:
> [...]
>> Related to the work that would be produced by the group, what is
>> the thought around where would deployment artifacts live? Within
>> each individual project's repository? As part of a single
>> deployment project?
> [...]
>
> The proposal is to identify a higher-level working group with
> participants from the current (and future) multitude of different
> development project teams to focus on ways in which they can
> standardize and cooperate with one another, not to combine them into
> one single new team replacing the current set of independent teams.
> The latter would just be going back to what we had in the days
> before the project structure reform of 2014 (a.k.a. "big tent").

Exactly.
And right now, we're tracking our hot topics here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/deployment-pike

We haven't talked yet about the artifacts, right now we're focusing on
solving the same technical challenges in a consistent way (see
etherpad).
Don't hesitate to bring your input and use the mailing-list for new topics.

Thanks,

> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Emilien Macchi