[openstack-dev] [nova][vmware] CI results show up about a week late, if at all

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:14:44 UTC 2017

It's that time of the quarter to ask about the VMware NSX CI.

I noticed on a patch [1] that merged on Feb 22, that the VMware CI
results showed up on Feb 26th, then again on March 3rd and just today
again on March 16th.

It's bad that the results show up several days after a patch is actually
posted, but it's just odd that results are showing up weeks later.

Can anyone explain that? What is the current status on the VMware NSX
CI? I feel like no one is ever around in the Nova IRC channel from the
VMware subteam (Eric Brown is sometimes) to answer questions like this,
and the driver is really feeling like it's no longer maintained. Just
looking at the changes to the nova/virt/vmwareapi subtree during Ocata
and Newton it's pretty clear there is not much going on.

I'm starting to think we should add a warning when the vcenter driver
starts up that it's considered experimental now since we don't actually
know what state it's in since there don't appear to be maintainers and
the CI is not reliable.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/435010/

Matt