[openstack-dev] [all][ironic] Kubernetes-based long running processes

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 16 14:08:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-15 22:39:30 +0000 (+0000), Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> Maybe glance has some stuff that would apply? I think they had a
> job kind of api at one point. I could see it being useful to
> download an image, do some conversion or scanning, etc.
[...]

That was (is) "tasks" and because it's backed by turing-complete
automation customizable by the deployer, it leads to widespread
interoperability failure when every deployment implements its own
tasks with widely varied names and functionality.

    https://docs.openstack.org/developer/glance/tasks.html

--
Jeremy Stanley