[openstack-dev] [QA][blazar][ceilometer][congress][intel-nfv-ci-tests][ironic][manila][networking-bgpvpn][networking-fortinet][networking-sfc][neutron][neutron-fwaas][neutron-lbaas][nova-lxd][octavia][sahara][tap-as-a-service][horizon][vmware-nsx][watcher][all] Refactor of Tempest scenario base classes

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:56:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 11:38 AM Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/27/2017 12:34 PM, Andrea Frittoli wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > TL;DR: if today you import manager,py from tempest.scenario please
> maintain a
> > copy of [0] in tree until further notice.
>
> Hi!
>
> I hope it is pretty obvious, but just to be clear. Anything that this
> copied
> file uses should be treated more or less as a stable API by the QA team
> during
> the whole transition period. The last thing we want to happen is for this
> file
> to break all the time because its dependencies (imports, functions,
> classes it
> uses) are not stable.
>
> If it's not the case, please update it, and let us know the git hash to
> use to
> grab the final version of the file.

Your code depends on manager.py and its dependencies today,
and copying that in-tree removes at least one of the dependencies.

The only case were you're in a worse situation is if one of the imports is
removed / renamed,
and we'll do our best to avoid that.

My recommendation would be to trim down your copy of manager.py to the bare
minimum you
need, which is likely to be much smaller than the whole module.