[openstack-dev] [oslo][requirements][all] requesting assistance to unblock SQLAlchemy 1.1 from requirements

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 15 15:20:56 UTC 2017

On 03/15/2017 10:38 AM, Mike Bayer wrote:

> On 03/15/2017 07:30 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>>
>> The problem was the original patch kept a cap on SQLA, just moved it up
>> to the next pre-release, not realizing the caps in general are the
>> concern by the requirements team. So instead of upping the cap, I just
>> removed it entirely. (It also didn't help on clarity that there was a
>> completely unrelated fail in the tests which made it look like the
>> system was stopping this.)
>>
>> This should hopefully let new SQLA releases very naturally filter out to
>> all our services and libraries.
>>
>>     -Sean
>>

> so the failure I'm seeing now is *probably* one I saw earlier when we
> tried to do this, the tempest run fails on trying to run a keystone
> request, but I can't find the same error in the logs this time.
>
> In an earlier build of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423192/, we saw
> this:
>
> ContextualVersionConflict: (SQLAlchemy 1.1.5
> (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages),
> Requirement.parse('SQLAlchemy<1.1.0,>=1.0.10'), set(['oslo.db',
> 'keystone']))
>
> stack trace was in the apache log:  http://paste.openstack.org/show/601583/
>

> but now on our own oslo.db build, the same jobs are failing and are
> halting at keystone, but I can't find any error:
>
> the failure is:
>

> http://logs.openstack.org/30/445930/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.db-ubuntu-xenial-ocata/815962d/
>

> and is on:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445930/
>

> if someone w/ tempest expertise could help with this that would be great.

It looks like oslo.db master is being used with ocata services?
http://logs.openstack.org/30/445930/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.db-ubuntu-xenial-ocata/815962d/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2017-03-15_13_10_52_434

I suspect that's the root issue. That should be stable/ocata branch, right?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net