[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Gating jobs are now running with Quickstart

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 10:04:39 UTC 2017

As discussed previously in the CI Squad meeting summaries[1] and on the
TripleO weekly meeting, the multinode gate jobs are now running with
tripleo-quickstart. To signify the change, we added the -oooq suffix to
them.

The following jobs migrated yesterday evening, with more to come:

- gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-oooq
- gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode-oooq
- gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-oooq
- gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario002-multinode-oooq
- gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario003-multinode-oooq
- gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario004-multinode-oooq

For those who are already familiar with Quickstart, we introduced two
new concepts:

- featureset config files that are numbered collection of settings,
without node configuration[2]
- the '--nodes' option for quickstart.sh and the config/nodes files that
deal with only the number and type of nodes the deployment will have[3]

If you would like to debug these jobs, it might be useful to read
Quickstart's documentation[4]. We hope the transition will be smooth,
but if you have problems ping members of the TripleO CI Squad on #tripleo.

Best regards,

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/113724.html
[2]