[openstack-dev] [neutron][gate] functional job busted

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 09:14:24 UTC 2017

On 14/03, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the patch that started to produce log index file for logstash [1] and
> the patch that switched metadata proxy to haproxy [2] landed and
> together busted the functional job because the latter produces log
> messages with null-bytes inside, while os-log-merger is not resilient
> against it.
>
> If functional job would be in gate and not just in check queue, that
> would not happen.
>
> Attempt to fix the situation in multiple ways at [3]. (For
> os-log-merger patches, we will need new release and then bump the
> version used in gate, so short term neutron patches seem more viable.)
>
> I will need support from both authors of os-log-merger as well as
> other neutron members to unravel that. I am going offline in a moment,
> and hope someone will take care of patches up for review, and land
> what's due.
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/442804/ [2]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/431691/ [3]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:fix-os-log-merger-crash
>
> Thanks,
> Ihar

Hi Ihar,

That is an unexpected case that never came up during our tests or usage,
but it is indeed something the script should take into account.

Thanks for the os-log-merger patches, I've reviewed them and they look
good to me, so hopefully they'll land before you come back online.  ;-)

Cheers,
Gorka.