[openstack-dev] [neutron][gate] functional job busted

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 02:35:47 UTC 2017

Hi all,

the patch that started to produce log index file for logstash [1] and
the patch that switched metadata proxy to haproxy [2] landed and
together busted the functional job because the latter produces log
messages with null-bytes inside, while os-log-merger is not resilient
against it.

If functional job would be in gate and not just in check queue, that
would not happen.

Attempt to fix the situation in multiple ways at [3]. (For
os-log-merger patches, we will need new release and then bump the
version used in gate, so short term neutron patches seem more viable.)

I will need support from both authors of os-log-merger as well as
other neutron members to unravel that. I am going offline in a moment,
and hope someone will take care of patches up for review, and land
what's due.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/442804/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/431691/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:fix-os-log-merger-crash