[openstack-dev] [oslo][devstack][all] ZooKeeper vs etcd for Tooz/DLM

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Mar 14 01:12:12 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Fox, Kevin M's message of 2017-03-14 00:09:55 +0000:
> With my operator hat on, I would like to use the etcd backend, as I'm already paying the cost of maintaining etcd clusters as part of Kubernetes. Adding Zookeeper is a lot more work.

It would probably be a good idea to put etcd in as a plugin and make
sure it is tested in the gate. IIRC nobody has requested the one thing
ZK can do that none of the others can (fair locking), but it's likely
there are bugs in both drivers since IIRC neither are enabled in any
gate.