[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] - Best release to upgrade from LBaaS v1 to v2

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:24:40 UTC 2017

Hi Saverio,

I did a fresh install today with master versions of both OpenStack and the
neutron-lbaas-dashboard just to make sure the panels are working as
expected.  It went fine.

https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/4Zgl9SB3/

To answer your version question:
Stable/mitaka neutron-lbaas-dashboard should work with stable/mitaka and
stable/newton OpenStack
Stable/ocata neutron-lbaas-dashboard works with stable/ocata OpenStack

Per the instructions in the README.rst and on PyPi, ONLY install the
_1481_project_ng_loadbalancersv2_panel.py file.  Do not install both, it
will fail.

I am not sure if you can use the master branch of neutron-lbaas-dashboard
with a newton version of horizon.  This is not a combination we test and/or
support.  It may work.
Someone from the horizon team may have more insights on that, but I think
the best answer is to get it going with the known good combinations and then
to test mixed releases.

I will now start over on stable/newton and test it out.  I will let you know
if I find a problem.

Michael