[openstack-dev] [puppet][tripleo][release] puppet module versioning

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 13 14:19:40 UTC 2017

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Alex Schultz's message of 2017-03-09 11:29:28 -0700:
>> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>>> Excerpts from Alex Schultz's message of 2017-03-07 12:56:17 -0700:

As an aside, we used to do that for pre-versioned deliverables (drop the
"2015.1.0" as the "next" version in setup.cfg as the very first commit
in master after a branch point). The main issue with it was that it
required a lock on master to make it work (avoid other commits to make
it into master before the version bump).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)