[openstack-dev] [api][qa][tc][nova][cinder] Testing of a microversioned world

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:34:31 UTC 2017

Hi John,

Now Tempest is testing microversions only for Nova and contains some
testing framework for re-using for another projects.
On this framework, we can implement necessary microversions tests as
we want and actually many microversions of Nova are not tested by
Tempest.
We can see the tested microversion of Nova on
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/doc/source/microversion_testing.rst#microversion-tests-implemented-in-tempest

Before implementing microversion testing for Cinder, we will implement
JSON-Schema validation for API responses for Cinder.
The validation will be helpful for testing base microversion of Cinder
API and we will be able to implement the microversion tests based on
that.
This implementation is marked as 7th priority in this Pike cycle as
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pike-qa-priorities

In addition, now Cinder V3 API is not tested. So we are going to
enable v3 tests with some restructure of Tempest in this cycle.
The detail is described on the part of "Volume API" of
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tempest-api-versions-in-pike

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi

---