[openstack-dev] [api][qa][tc][glance][keystone][cinder] Testing of deprecated API versions

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Mar 10 16:51:38 UTC 2017

> As far as I can tell:
> - Cinder v1 if I'm not mistaken has been deprecated in Juno, so it's
> deprecated in all supported releases.
> - Glance v1 has been deprecated in Newton, so it's deprecated in all
> supported releases
> - Keystone v2 has been deprecated in Mitaka, so testing *must* stay in
> Tempest until Mitaka EOL, which is in a month from now
>
> We should stop testing these three api versions in the common gate
> including stable branches now (except for keystone v2 on stable/mitaka
> which can run for one more month).
>
> Are cinder / glance / keystone willing to take over the API tests and run
> them in their own gate until removal of the API version?
>
> Doug

With Cinder's v1 API being deprecated for quite awhile now, I would
actually prefer to just remove all tempest tests and drop the API
completely. There was some concern about removal a few cycles back since
there was concern (rightly so) that a lot of deployments and a lot of
users were still using it.

I think it has now been marked as deprecated long enough that if anyone
is still using it, it's just out of obstinance. We've removed the v1
api-ref documentation, and the default in the client has been v2 for
awhile.

Unless there's a strong objection, and a valid argument to support it,
I really would just like to drop v1 from Cinder and not waste any more
cycles on redoing tempest tests and reconfiguring jobs to support
something we have stated for over two years that we were no longer going
to support. Juno went EOL in December of 2015. I really hope it's safe
now to remove.

Sean