[openstack-dev] [nova][docs] Broken nova instructions

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Thu Mar 9 11:27:46 UTC 2017

On 3/9/17, 11:18 AM, "John Garbutt" <john at johngarbutt.com> wrote:

    On 9 March 2017 at 11:05, Alexandra Settle <a.settle at outlook.com> wrote:
    > I have attached the error logs that our tester, Brian Moss, sent to me earlier this morning.
    > He has noted that some people have been able to get the instructions to work, but many others haven't.
    > Also, noted that some are failing on Ubuntu and RDO, so it isn't a distro specific problem either.

    The current compute logs seem to point at this bug:
    https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/issues/71

    The bug says you restart libvirt and the problem goes away. Seems like
    a package issue, maybe? I am not sure.

But then why would this issue present in RDO and Ubuntu? Seems random for those two to have a similar packaging problem, no?
Regardless, having to restart libvirt is hardly a great option.

    I notice some 404s for flavors. You need to create your own flavors
    before you can boot an instance. Not sure if thats covered in the
    install docs.

    For me I found the order unclear in the currently proposed docs, so I
    revised them so the cells and placement logic is more integrated into
    the existing steps in the guide.

Yep! Going to set up and test today. Will take a while as I’m going to go from the beginning.
Stay tuned.

Thanks :)

    Thanks,
    John