[openstack-dev] [ironic] OpenStack client default ironic API version

Mario Villaplana mario.villaplana at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:05:07 UTC 2017

We want to deprecate ironic CLI soon, but I would prefer if that were
discussed on a separate thread if possible, aside from concerns about
versioning in ironic CLI. Feature parity should exist in Pike, then we
can issue a warning in Queens and deprecate the cycle after. More
information is on L56:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-pike-ptg-operations

I'm a bit torn on whether to use the API version coded in the OSC
plugin or not. On one hand, it'd be good to be able to test out new
features as soon as they're available. On the other hand, it's
possible that the client won't know how to parse certain items after a
microversion bump. I think I prefer using the hard-coded version to
avoid breakage, but we'd have to be disciplined about updating the
client when the API version is bumped (if needed). Opinions on this
are welcome. In either case, I think the deprecation warning could
land without specifying that.

I'll certainly make an RFE when I update the patch later this week,
great suggestion.

I can make a spec, but it might be mostly empty except for the client
impact section. Also, this is a < 40 line change. :)

Mario