[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Tempest will use Keystone v3 API as the default

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:02:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

This is a kind of notification as the mail title.

Now QA-team is trying to test most recent stable APIs which are marked
as CURRENT in most components.
The investigation is written on
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tempest-api-versions-in-pike

On Keystone side, the V3 API is CURRENT and the V2 API is DEPRECATED.
Until last week, the default config value of Tempest was the V2 for
the authentication and the patch [1] has changed it to the V3.
However Devstack still sets the V2 for Tempest config and we are using
the V2 on the gate.
The devstack patch [2] will change the config to the V3 for Tempest.
I hope this change will be helpful for our future.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi

---
[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/441530/