[openstack-dev] [all] Small steps for Go

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Tue Mar 7 14:19:02 UTC 2017

On 07/03/2017 13:22, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
> Anyone interested? https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/go-and-containers
> Thanks,
> Dims

The first thing that is required (according to the new guidelines) is
for there to be a technical reason we need to use go, and cannot use
python. [0]

This was the major point thrown at designate when we asked for
permission - if there is now a golang project for the sake of
a golang project, that would seem at odds with these (brand new)

The only item in the linked etherpad that would fit that requirement
is the Go Common Lib, which is a requirement for any project who wants
to use go.

Do we want to allow projects innovate, or do we just want Golang in
OpenStack now? I honestly cannot follow what is going on in this area.

0 -