[openstack-dev] [neutron][sfc][release] stable/ocata version

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 04:03:01 UTC 2017

Add [release] tag in subject.

Do not follow the OpenStack release schedule will cause lots of issues. Like
requirements changes, patches is merged which should not be merged into
stable.

It also may break the deploy project release schedule( like Kolla will not
be
released until sfc release ocata branch and tag ).

I hope sfc team could follow the OpenStack release schedule, even though it
may
cause some cherry-pick, but it is safer and how OpenStack project live.

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:

> Please note that things are going to start to get messy now – there are
> changes in neutron that break master and these will affect the cutting of
> the stable version. One example is https://review.openstack.org/441654
>

> So I suggest cutting a stable ASAP and then cherrypicking patches
>

> *From: *Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com>
> *Date: *Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:36 AM
>
> *To: *OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron][sfc] stable/ocata version
>

> Thanks!
>

> *From: *Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 9:12 AM
> *To: *OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron][sfc] stable/ocata version
>

> This is talked in [0]. sfc team said
>

> ​> we will pull a stable/ocata branch around end of Feb or early March the
> latest.
>

> [0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/
> 2017-February/112580.html
>

> On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are pretty blocked at the moment with our gating on stable/ocata. This
> is due to the fact that there is no networking-sfc version tagged for ocata.
>
> Is there any ETA for this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeffrey Zhang
>
> Blog: http://xcodest.me
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__xcodest.me_&d=DwMFaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=PMrZQUSXojEgJQPh7cZrz1Lvja0OwAstg0U82FalZrw&m=6_isL-K77U2G5VKK49-mlfFOK02rPelnU35II7kFuaA&s=g3cKOpPjE5Oe13XGD9APDryFCpweg0haylD5oit44Yc&e=>

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me