[openstack-dev] [kolla][infra] does someone cares about Jenkins? I stopped.

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 03:19:43 UTC 2017

thanks for noticing the gate related issue.

for #1, feel free to push a patch to improve this. Kolla is very open for
code
change and gate change. So if you have any idea, try to push it.

for #2, yes. Network causes some issue when building or pulling images.
OpenStack-infra provide lots of mirrors already and Kolla is already
configured
to use them[0]. But the issue is Kolla depends on lots of other repo. like
elasticsearch, rdo trunk repo etc. I hope OpenStack-infra could add more
mirror
repos, but it should be hard to mirror those, especially for RDO trunk.

on the other hand, when building kolla images, yum/apt are trying to run
clean
for each image, and most images are trying to install the same package, for
example, nova-compute and nova-libvirt are installing qemu both. So I am
thinking set up a proxy with cache in gate's VM, and it will speed up then
building
and reduce the issue caused network. I will try this.

At the end, hope more guys could pay attention to the Kolla gate issue and
try to
improve it.

[0]
https://github.com/openstack/kolla/blob/master/tools/setup_gate.sh#L52,L77

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 6:12 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz <
marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org> wrote:

> W dniu 02.03.2017 o 20:19, Joshua Harlow pisze:
> >> 1. Kolla output is nightmare to debug.
> >>
> >> There is --logs-dir option to provide separate logs for each image build
> >> but it is not used. IMHO it should be as digging through such logs is
> >> easier.
> >>

> > I to find the kolla output a bit painful, and I'm willing to help
> > improve it, what would you think is a better approach (that we can try
> > to get to).
>
> Once I discovered --logs-dir option I stopped caring of normal kolla
> output. If Jenkins jobs could be changed to make use of it and to
> provide those logs it would make not only me happy.

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me