[openstack-dev] [cinder] Create backup with snapshots

yang, xing Xing.Yang at dell.com
Fri Mar 3 14:43:04 UTC 2017

In the original backup API design, volume_id is a required field.  In the CLI, volume_id is positional and required as well.  So when I added support to backup from a snapshot, I added snapshot_id as an optional field in the request body of the backup API.  While backup is in process, you cannot delete the volume.  Backup from snapshot and backup from volume are using the same API.  So I think volume status should be changed to “backing-up” to be consistent.  Now I’m thinking the status of the snapshot should be changed to “backing-up” too if snapshot_id is provided.

Thanks,
Xing