[openstack-dev] [gnocchi] new measures backlog scheduling

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Mar 2 15:31:42 UTC 2017

On 02/03/17 10:07 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> That also means we may be able to get rid of the scheduler process?

i think we should probably keep it. the scheduler process of agent will
loop through each bucket and start dumping metrics to process on queue
and the processing processes will greedily just process them in parallel.

if we let the processing workers do the partitioning, we'll have a lot
of extra calls and contentions like before. it's not much compared to
standard io time but it was still noticeable in previous benchmarks.

--
gord