[openstack-dev] [deployment][TripleO][kolla][ansible][fuel] Next steps for cross project collaboration

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 10:18:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 05:06:34AM +0000, Brandon B. Jozsa wrote:
>    +1 for the monthly meetings and a long standing, cross-team, collaborative
>    etherpad.

Yes the etherpad is a good idea, thanks!

I guess we'll want one per-release, so I created one for Pike here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/deployment-pike

Everyone please feel free to add relevant content/links there, thanks!

I also went ahead and created the WG wiki page:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Deployment

Which is linked from:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Category:Working_Groups

I referenced the agreed [deployment] openstack-dev tag, and the new IRC
channel which Steve set up (thanks) #openstack-deployment

Again, please feel free to edit if I missed anything.

Please can anyone wanting to help with organizing (e.g chairing meetings if
we have them, proactively seeking cross-project things to discuss, and
helping with sessions when we meet f2f next time) please add your name and
email to the Deployment Wiki page.

>    It’s challenging for some projects who already collaborate heavily with
>    communities outside of OpenStack to take on additional heavy meeting
>    cycles.

Yeah I think there's enough interest in semi-regular meetings that we may
want to arrange them, but lets see what topics are added (to the etherpad
above), then we can poll for a suitable day/time when there's enough
content?

I think in many cases ML discussion combined with IRC will be enough, but
I'm also happy to arrange a regular monthly meeting if folks feel that will
be worthwhile.

>    The PTG deployment cross-team collaboration was really awesome. I can’t
>    wait to see what this team is able to do together! Very happy to be a part
>    of this effort!

Agreed, I'm really happy to see these first-steps to more effective
collaboration, lets keep it going! :)

Thanks,

Steve