[openstack-dev] [QA]Refactoring Scenarios manager.py

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Wed Mar 1 12:43:01 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:18 AM, <zhu.fanglei at zte.com.cn> wrote:

> I think it a good solution, I already put +1 :)
>

> And, as to the scenario testcases, shall we:
>
> 1) remove test steps/checks already coverd in API test

Duplicate test steps/checks is not good and should be removed. It's not
related to the scenario refactoring effort, so please if you find
duplicated tests or test steps, we should remove them.

> 2) remove sequence test cases (such as test_server_sequence_suspend_resume),
> othersize scenario will get fatter and fatter

There's no definitive answer to that. We should just remember what a
scenario should be: test several openstack components, "real" world use
cases, "real" integration testing. Those should be our guideline for
scenarios. We should not buy into "I put it into the scenarios directory
because the helper methods were here and convenient" or "because I saw an
already existing scenario that look kind of the same".