[openstack-dev] [horizon][trunk] forever spinning modalspinner when deleting resource from details page

Lajos Katona lajos.katona at ericsson.com
Fri Jun 30 12:50:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am working on the neutron-trunk-ui, to make the possibility for the
user to use trunks via web GUI.
For the patch which shows the details for the trunk
(https://review.openstack.org/464727) I realized that
the Delete action actually seems to be hanging if I delete from the
detail page.

Symptoms:

  * There is an error toast (and 404 in the console) that the trunk
    can't be accessed. That should be normal, as I just deleted it.
      o As I see from old django pages the way of working in these
        situations should be to suppress the 404 and the error toast,
        and go back to the list of resources table, am I right?
  * The modal spinner ("Please Wait....") hangs for ever => That is the
    more serious problem.
      o I tried to check the fully working angular example which is for
        me the images panel, and actually that is working the same way:
          + Click on an image
          + On the details page click on delete and there is the forever
            spinning modal....

In my latest patch I get rid of the forever spinning modal, and I should
get rid of the error toast as well, and go back to the
list of trunks table.
BUT I have the feeling that I mess up the horizon framework.

Could somebody help me out what should be the direction to solve this
problem in a horizon/angular way?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Lajos