[openstack-dev] [glance] nominating Abhishek Kekane for glance core

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 04:01:12 UTC 2017

This is a good move. I appreciate strong decisions as these are much needed
now.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Brian Rosmaita <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm nominating Abhishek Kekane (abhishekk on IRC) to be a Glance core
> for the Pike cycle.  Abhishek has been around the Glance community for
> a long time and is familiar with the architecture and design patterns
> used in Glance and its related projects.  He's contributed code,
> triaged bugs, provided bugfixes, and done quality reviews for Glance.
>
> Abhishek has been proposed for Glance core before, but some members of
> the community were concerned that he wasn't able to devote sufficient
> time to Glance.  Given the current situation with the project,
> however, it would be an enormous help to have someone as knowledgeable
> about Glance as Abhishek to have +2 powers.  I discussed this with
> Abhishek, he's aware that some in the community have that concern, and
> he's agreed to be a core reviewer for the Pike cycle.  The community
> can revisit his status early in Queens.
>
> Now that I've written that down, that puts Abhishek in the same boat
> as all core reviewers, i.e., their levels of participation and
> commitment are assessed at the beginning of each cycle and adjustments
> made.

Although I am unsure about my commitment for Queens, in my current
situation I can no longer help with urgent reviews so I would like to step
down. A official email to follow.

> In any case, I'd like to put Abhishek to work as soon as possible!  So
> please reply to this message with comments or concerns before 23:59
> UTC on Monday 19 June.  I'd like to confirm Abhishek as a core on
> Tuesday 20 June.
>
> thanks,
> brian

Nikhil