[openstack-dev] [heat][mistral][deployment] how to add deployment roles

Dan Trainor dtrainor at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 20:19:10 UTC 2017

Hi -

I'm looking for the glue that populates the overcloud role list.

I can get a list of roles via 'openstack overcloud role list', however I'm
looking to create new roles to incorporate in to this list.

I got as far as using 'mistral action-update' against what I beleive to be
the proper action (tripleo.role.list) but am not sure what to use as the
source of what I would be updating, not am I  finding any information about
how that runs and where it gets its data from.  I also had a nice exercise
pruning the output of 'mistral action-*' commands which was pretty
insightful and helped me hone in on what I was looking for, but still
uncertain of.

Pretty sure I'm missing a few details along the way here, too.

Can someone please shed some light on this so I can have a better
understanding of the process?

Thanks!
-dant