[openstack-dev] [ptls][all][tc][docs] Documentation migration spec

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jun 27 18:14:49 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2017-06-27 17:55:57 +0000:
> On 2017-06-22 16:27:34 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> > The new job is configured to update the docs for all repos every
> > time a patch is merged, not just when we tag releases. The server
> > projects have been working that way, but this is different for some
> > of the libraries, especially the clients.
> [...]
>
> I think the past concern had been that since the default document
> presented was the latest one built from the master branch tip rather
> than a redirect to the documentation for the latest release, readers
> might get confused when seeing options or behaviors documented which
> didn't match the software they had downloaded.

That makes sense. The openstackdocstheme makes it easy to link to
specific versions of documentation, so we should be able to address this
concern that way. We will also have series-specific landing pages
linking directly to the appropriate guides.

Doug