[openstack-dev] [Gnocchi] Difference between Gnocchi-api and uwsgi

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Jun 23 20:00:11 UTC 2017

On 23/06/17 03:08 PM, mate200 at mailbox.org wrote:
> The quantity of metrics is very low. I'm not sure that batch_size works.
> Regarding the batch_timeout. What will be when the timeout reached ? Will ceilometer throw error to the log file and
> discard the whole batch ? I've got this timeout set to 300, but every minute I receive errors if api doesn't work
> correctly.

you set batch_timeout as 300? it's either or scenario. basically the
notification agent (or collector) either waits to receive <batch_size>
messages before processing/publishing or it waits <batch_timeout>
seconds before processing/publishing. nothing is thrown away.

i'm not sure why you receive some metrics but get timeouts for others.
maybe others have an idea.

cheers,

--
gord