[openstack-dev] [barbican] Help for Barbican and UWSGI Community Goal

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Jun 23 18:24:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 04:11:50PM +0000, Dave McCowan (dmccowan) wrote:
> The Barbican team is currently lacking a UWSGI expert.
> We need help identifying what work items we have to meet the UWSGI community goal.[1]
> Could someone with expertise in this area review our code and docs [2] and help me put together a to-do list?

So honestly barbican is probably already like 90% complete by the way there. It
was already running everything as a proper wsgi script under uwsgi. The only thing
missing was the apache config to use mod_proxy_uwsgi to have all the api servers
running on port 80.

It was also doing everything manually instead of relying on the common
functionality in PBR and devstack to handle creating wsgi entrypoints and
deploying wsgi apps.

I pushed up:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:deploy-in-wsgi

To take care of the gaps and make everything use the common mechanisms. It
probably will need a little bit of work before it's ready to go. (I didn't
bother testing anything before I pushed it)

-Matt Treinish