[openstack-dev] [tc][all][ptl] Most Supported Queens Goals and Improving Goal Completion

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jun 23 09:44:50 UTC 2017

Lance Bragstad wrote:
> Is the role of a goal "champion" limited to a single person? Can it be
> distributed across multiple people pending actions are well communicated?

I'm a bit torn on that. On one hand work can definitely (and probably
should) be covered by multiple people. But I like the idea that it's
someone's responsibility to ensure that progress is made (even if that
person ends up delegating all the work). The trick is, it's easy for
everyone to assume that the work is covered since someone has signed up
for it.

It's like the PTL situation -- work is done by the group and it's great
to have a clear go-to person to keep track of things, until the PTL has
to do everything because they end up as the default assignee for everything.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)