[openstack-dev] [ptls][all][tc][docs] Documentation migration spec

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jun 22 20:27:34 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Alexandra Settle's message of 2017-06-08 15:17:34 +0000:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Doug and I have written up a spec following on from the conversation [0] that we had regarding the documentation publishing future.
>
> Please take the time out of your day to review the spec as this affects *everyone*.
>
> See: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472275/
>
> I will be PTO from the 9th – 19th of June. If you have any pressing concerns, please email me and I will get back to you as soon as I can, or, email Doug Hellmann and hopefully he will be able to assist you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex
>
> [0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/117162.html

Andreas pointed out that the new documentation job will behave a
little differently from the old setup, and thought I should mention
it so that people aren't surprised.

The new job is configured to update the docs for all repos every
time a patch is merged, not just when we tag releases. The server
projects have been working that way, but this is different for some
of the libraries, especially the clients.

I will be going back and adding a step to build the docs when we
tag releases after the move actually starts, so that we can link
to docs for specific versions of projects. That change will be
transparent to everyone else, so I have it on the list for after
the migration is under way.

Doug