[openstack-dev] [nova][placement] Add API Sample tests for Placement APIs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jun 22 17:42:31 UTC 2017

On 06/22/2017 01:22 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
<snip>
> Rocky, we have tests, we just don't have API samples for documentation
> purposes like in the compute API reference docs.
>
> This doesn't have anything to do with interop guidelines, and it
> wouldn't, since the Placement APIs are all admin-only and interop is
> strictly about non-admin APIs.

I think the other important thing to remember is that the consumers of
the placement api are currently presumed to be other OpenStack projects.
Definitely not end users. So the documentation priority of providing
lots of examples so that people don't need to look at source code is not
as high.

I'm firmly in the camp that sample request / response is a good thing,
but from a priorities perspective it's way more important to get that on
end user APIs than quasi internal ones.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague