[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Turning TC/UC workgroups into OpenStack SIGs

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Jun 22 12:51:19 UTC 2017

On 21/06/17 08:41 PM, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> 2. Enhance dev/non-dev comms. I doubt more meetings will be the solution.
>
>     a. I would suggest projects when doing their planning at Forum or
>     PTG, always leave a spot for requirement from WGs. And WG chairs
>     should participate this dev meetings if their WG has done related work.
>     b. Moreover the foundation could start promotion of project/WG
>     collaboration best practices, or even specify in the release
>     document that certain feature are based upon feedback from a certain
>     WGs.
>
>     c. WG should have cycle-based releases of works so that they got a
>     sense of timing, no lost in a permanent discussion mode for issues.

agree that we need to stop being so silo'd. i would suggest even more
regular feedback rather than a once a cycle data dump at the forum.

i don't attend WG meetings/discussions but i'm curious, do the Working
Groups have resource to contact the desired PTLs bi-weekly/(some regular
interval) to give feedback and discuss requirements? given the lack of
resources in community dev teams, i would expect better results if WG
members could initiate communication... or go 51% at least :)

--
gord