[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 21 22:16:37 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-21 16:27:14 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
[...]
> I'd still also like to see us using that structure well, and
> mirroring only things we tag as official to github.com/openstack,
> and the rest to /openstack-ecosystem or something.
[...]

I can understand the sentiment, but we'd need to completely abandon
the replication mechanism provided by Gerrit and implement our own
separate solution to do any conditional filtering or shuffling of
different repos between namespaces. It's not something I expect
we'll find volunteers chomping at the bit to write, so it might make
more sense to stop having the Infra team manage GH mirroring at all
and let someone else in the community manually curate and
periodically update what goes there instead if they want to be
responsible for that.
--
Jeremy Stanley