[openstack-dev] Required Ceph rbd image features

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Jun 21 19:31:12 UTC 2017

Anyone else seen a problem with kernel rbd when ceph isn't fully up when an kernel rbd mount is attempted?

the mount blocks as it should, but if ceph takes too long to start, it enventually enters a D state forever even though ceph comes up happpy. Its like it times out and stops trying. Only a forced reboot will solve it. :/

This a known issue?

Thanks,
Kevin