[openstack-dev] [neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Jun 19 07:21:33 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:09:12AM -0700, Kevin Benton wrote:
> I've been working on Victor's patch a bit. One thing that isn't clear to me
> is how we can get the neutron.conf options loaded when using WSGI. How are
> other projects doing this?

Most projects are using a default location, for example:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459450/11/glance/common/wsgi_app.py

Which IIRC I just looked at how other project's wsgi entrypoints were doing it
when I wrote that. The issue I think we'll hit with Neutron is that by default
we tell everyone to do that annoying multi-file config setup, which makes doing
a default like this difficult. Personally I think we need to change that,
because it's not needed and makes it generally confusing, but even if we did
it wouldn't solve the upgrade path from non-wsgi to wsgi.

-Matt Treinish