[openstack-dev] [devstack] etcd v3.2.0?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Jun 19 03:34:30 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 08:19:16PM -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Awesome! thanks Tony, some kolla jobs do that for example, but i think
> this job is a better one to key off of:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/jobs/infra.yaml#n381
>
> Outline of the work is - check if there are any new releases in github
> downloads, if so download them using wget and then delegate to the scp
> publisher (with keep-hierarchy) to create the new directories and
> upload the file(s).

So perhaps I'm dense but I can't see an easy way to get a list of
release artefacts from github in a form that wget can consume.  The best
I can see is via the API.  I've knocked up a quick'n'dirty mirror
script[1] but I really feel like I've gone off into the weeds.

You basically need to do:

git clone  && cd
virtualenv .venv
.venv/bin/pip install -U pip setuptools wheel
.venv/bin/pip install -r ./requirements.txt   # [2]
.venv/bin/python ./mirror-github-releases.py \
	'coreos/etcd::.*linux.*gz:etcd' \
	'coreos/etcd:6225411:.*linux.*gz:etcd'

This will in theory from the 3.2.0 (latest) release and look at the
3.1.7 release, see that it's already publically mirrored and move on.

It wouldn't be too hard to incorporate into a job.  Thoughts?

Yours Tony.

[1]  https://github.com/tbreeds/mirror-github-releases
[2] Yes of course I could publish it on pypi if we want to go down this
    path