[openstack-dev] [tc] Status update, Jun 16

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 15:20:34 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 7:19 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2017-06-16 11:17:30 +0200:
>
> > == Need for a TC meeting next Tuesday ==
> >
> > In order to make progress on the Pike goal selection, I think a
> > dedicated IRC meeting will be necessary. We have a set of valid goals
> > proposed already: we need to decide how many we should have, and which
> > ones. Gerrit is not great to have that ranking discussion, so I think we
> > should meet to come up with a set, and propose it on the mailing-list
> > for discussion. We could use the regular meeting slot on Tuesday,
> > 20:00utc. How does that sound ?
> >

> +1

I'm loving this new ML thing the TC is doing!  Like... I'm not going to
come to the meeting.  I'm not a helpful person in general and probably
wouldn't have anything productive to say.

But I love the *idea* that I know *when and where* this is being decided so
that if I *did* care enough about community goals to come make a stink
about it I know exactly what I should do - _show up and say my piece_!
Just this *idea* is going to help a *ton* later when John tells me "shut up
clay; just review the patch" [1] - because if I had something to say about
it i should have been there when it was time to say something about it!

Obvs, if anyone *else* has a passion about community goals and how
OpenStack uses them to push for positive change in the boarder ecosystem
(and thinks they can elucidate that on IRC to positive results).  *YOU*
should *totally* be there!

Y'all have fun,

-Clay

1. N.B. john is *not* a high conflict guy; but he's dealt with me for
~20years so he get's a pass